HDB Interiors Flooring Brokers
We found this company through homestars.com and after meeting with the
president Tony Hellman, decided that based on what we had seen we
would use him to replace the flooring in our condo. In July 2008 we
signed a contract for 1100sqft of Jatoba milled in Quebec for
approximately $7.25/sqft. A day or two before our floor was supposed
to be installed Tony Hellman informed us that the wood we put a $7,350
deposit on in July (it was now the end of September) was sold to
another customer, but not to worry he secured a much better product
for us. Hesitantly we agreed to this new wood.
Tony Hellman installed Continental Designs Cumaru, which according to
many other flooring experts (and Tony's installer) is a Chinese
product. He purchased this wood from his "supplier" Brampton
Hardwood, for less than half of what he charged us and has confirmed
that he provided us with 25 boxes (there are 32.7sqft per box - you do
the math - we paid for 1,100 sqft of wood). We have recently had our
condo remeasured and confirmed that with waste there should have been
about 864sqft (so slightly more that what Tony delivered but we have
also decided to add hardwood to our powder room).
Neither Tony Hellman nor his supplier, Brampton Hardwood will provide
information on the milling location of this wood. The wood is milky
and has cracked in over 25% of the areas. Recently Tony arranged for
an "independent flooring inspector" to inspect the wood. Rick the
inspector from St. Lawrence did humidity tests and found our humidity
to be perfect. He informed my husband during the visit that the floor
should not be cracking and that the finish should not be milky as it
is. We have never received a formal copy of the inspection but Joe
Reis from Brampton Hardwood informed me over the phone that the
inspection reported nothing out of the ordinary.
We have started a blog to document our troubles with HDB Interiors and
Brampton Hardwood and the issues of using homestars.com to find a
Visit www.hdbsucks for our story.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hardwood Flooring
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "A&E notes While I have my service contract through Sears it is A&E that gets sent out. The following is about A&E Service. Notes about Sears visit for washer (2/6/14) around noon. The..."
- "We followed the manufacter instruction last year when we applied deck over to our old deck. The deck looked beautiful. After this passed winter and the beginning of summer the..."
- "Terrible. Bought 3 piece sofa set in tan color. It turned green. When i called customer service they wouldnt help. Said just over a year and they wont..."
- "Here's my review of Densmore's prep course: I decided to enroll the Densmore Consulting Prep Course for the 2014 UFE. My firm was not covering the cost of the course, so..."
- "I purchased the consulting accelerator program online in August and then had a death in my immediate family so I emailed Sam's help desk asking if they would honor their..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "Calling every week this is the 10th time. Told me couple time i will still get my number i want to get call back press blaah blaah no one haven't..."